OFFICIAL 2017 NEWBORNS PHOTO CONTEST RULES
The Contest starts April 20th, 2017 at 3:00 pm PDT and ends December 30, 2017 at 4:00 pm PDT (the Entry Deadline). All entries must be received by the Entry Deadline.
WHO MAY ENTER
Entrants must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry.Employees of ChildPhotoCompetition.com, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the competition: 1. Fill out the submission form; 2. Choose the category you wish to enter your work; 3. Upload your file(s); 4. Pay for your submission based on the category and number of images submitted. After we receive your payment and submitted image(s), you are officially entered in the Contest. You will receive a confirmation email indicating your successful submission and payment.
- You may enter the competition an unlimited number of times; each time following the steps previously described. Digital images should have a long dimension of at least 1,024 pixels. The image should be saved at 72 dpi. File size can’t be larger than 400 kb to ensure a fast upload experience. Images may be color profiled in sRGB, Adobe-1998, or not color-managed. For more information on electronic submission guidelines see our FAQ.
- You may enter 1, 3 or 5 image files in this competition.
- No mail-in entry is available for this Contest.
- Each Entry consists of an entry form, imag, s and an entry fee.
- Each submitted photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
- If the Photograph includes other people, you must be prepared to provide a signed written personal release from all persons who appear in the Photograph submitted, authorizing use of the Photograph as provided below in “Third Party Releases/Licenses.” If you are unable to provide a personal release, upon request by Sponsor and in the form provided by Sponsor, then your entry may be disqualified. You do not need to send the release with your entry. If you win, we will contact you if a model release is needed.
- The entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below. The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsors, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
- On-line entries must be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, internet domain owner, or other person or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
This contest has 2 categories:
– Amateur Photographer Category
– Professional Photographer Category (Earns more than 50 percent of his/her income from photographic sales)
Prizes are specified on the home page of the 2017 Newborns Photo Contest website and Prizes Page.
- Contest consists of two (2) rounds of evaluation. In Round One, a panel of ChildPhotoCompetition.com experts in photography (the “Judges”) will review all qualified entries (meeting competition requirements, file size, etc.) and select all the entries to proceed to Round Two. In Round Two, the Judges will collectively select, from among the entries selected in Round One, a winner in the Amateur Photographer Category and a winner in the Professional Photographer Category.
Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, photographic quality and effectiveness in expressing the contest theme. Winners will be published in:
- ChildPhotoCompetition.com Winner’s E-Book (Book will feature all the winners from all contests organized by ChildPhotoCompetition.com:
- ChildPhotoCompetition.com Winner’s gallery on the website
- ChildPhotoCompetition.com social media websites
- Sponsors reserve the right not to award all prizes in the event an insufficient number of eligible entries meeting the minimum judging criteria are received, as determined by Sponsors and Judges in their sole discretion.
- If the photograph contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
- By participating, ALL ENTRANTS agree to grant ChildPhotoCompetition.com permission to use the work for promotional purposes in any of its printed or digital publications or on the website and other electronic media, or at exhibition or trade show without further permission or remuneration.
- Entrants also understand the work may be published in 3rd-party publications including newspapers, magazines and periodicals, solely for the purpose of promoting the work, the photographer, and the ChildPhotoCompetition.com
- Photographer’s name will be listed with the photograph.
THIRD PARTY RELEASES/LICENSES
Winners authorize ChildPhotoCompetition.com to distribute, display and create derivative works of the photograph entry in connection with 2016 Photo Contest and promotion of 2016 Photo Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including but not limited to: publication in ChildPhotoCompetition.com E-Book showcasing the winners; The 2016 Newborns Photo Contest live gallery; the 2016 Newborns Photo Contest Web site and on ChildPhotoCompetition.com.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless ChildPhotoCompetition.com, and each of their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded here-under.
Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other persons’ computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to this Contest.
Entries void if the Sponsor determines the entry to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft.
Participants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of the Judges are final on all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) if he/she wins that Sponsor may use each winner’s name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or approval (except in Tennessee and where prohibited by law). All federal, state and local taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize are/is ineligible or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If Sponsors elect to cancel or terminate the Contest, Sponsors will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs and will return the entry fees.